This is the first video in an Opichi free training series that will teach you how to build your own ecommerce store using WordPress and Woocommerce. In this video, I cover the basics of setting up WordPress, installing plugins, configuring backups, and more.
Start here if you have limited WordPress or Woocommerce experience, as I take you through the configuration step by step. When you finish following along with this video, you will have a site that is ready to start adding products, as well as to begin styling to fit your business.
In the next videos, we will cover the rest of the process.
Video 3 – coming soon!
Several resources are used in the video, and I have included links to those below:
Resources for video 1:
- Woocommerce: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/
- Wordfence: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordfence/
- Astra Theme: https://wordpress.org/themes/astra/
- Elementor Page Builder: https://wordpress.org/plugins/elementor/
- UpdraftPlus Backups: https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/
- Pexels.com (free images)
If you don’t have hosting, here are my recommended hosts:
- A2hosting: Fast, lots of different sized plans, and great support. (if you need hosting, you can support this post by choosing A2 – they aren’t just great, they also referral rewards)
- Crocweb: Inexpensive with rather responsive support for the price. Fast servers and cheap dedicated hosting options for larger sites.
If you watch this video and feel like doing a store build yourself is not for you, I am happy to help you get it built. Click the link below to schedule a chat with me!
To your success,