Yesterday, you had the greatest business idea, and you can’t wait to get the word out to your friends, family, and potential customers. What better way to do that than to have a website?
Now, there are lots of ways for you to go start a website. Wix and Squarespace are popular with many people because they are easy to setup if you have no knowledge of how to build a website. And they are great products in their own right (I’ll probably do a writeup on them in the coming days!), but I hear time and again from people I’m consulting that they feel boxed in by the limited layouts or missing features.
You definitely don’t want to hamstring your new business right from the get-go by putting in time setting up your site on a platform that won’t work for you down the road!
So I’m here to tell you today that there is a user-friendly web platform that can provide you with a completely custom look, has hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of addon and customization options to make your site do anything you want or need, and it currently powers over 25% of the websites out on the internet today!
That platform is WordPress.
Already have a WordPress site and need help with it? Talk with us about our WordPress development and maintenance services!
And I’m not talking about WordPress.com – the ubiquitous blog site. I’m talking about the open-source platform WordPress.com was built on.
Here are a few reasons you might want a WordPress site:
- Connects with almost every email marketing platform available – easy to build your list and grow your sales.
- Makes it simple for people to share your content on social media. That spreads the word about your new business faster than anything.
- Has thousands of free and premium themes available so you can get the perfect look, every time.
- Is consistently updated so you get the latest and greatest web practices, often for free.
There are many more reasons to choose WordPress for your new business, but that’s not what this post is about. Today, I’m going to help you remove a barrier to getting your business online by showing you how easy it is to give your business a home online with a WordPress site.
To get started, you’re going to need 3 things:
- Awesome WordPress hosting from Siteground (I host all my sites on Siteground, and most of my client’s sites there as well. They have outstanding customer service and some wonderful tools for managing/maintaining a WordPress website.) If you’re just starting out, grab the StartUp plan – you can always upgrade later when your traffic takes off!
Click Here to Get Your Hosting!
- 5 minutes of time to install and configure WordPress on your new hosting plan.
- Someone to give you a pat on the back for being awesome and taking control of your future by putting your business online!
So without further ado, hit the video below for the setup instructions. Follow the steps I outline there and you’ll be ready to start telling the world about your business in no time at all!
And that’s it! In no time at all, you have a spiffy new website you can setup however you please!
Not ready to do the install yet? That’s OK. Enter your email below and I’ll send you the steps I went over in this video:
[contact-form-7 id=”3242″ title=”WordPress Install Ad”]
If you’re interested in more WordPress trainings like this one, shoot me a message at [email protected] and I’ll let you know about the next one. Till then!